FALL 2019 ADULT KOREAN LANGUAGE CLASS REGISTRATION
Irvine King Sejong Institute: We offer the only comprehensive Korean language program in Orange County. Our adult Korean language program is designated by S. Korea as a King Sejong Institute. Check us out in the OC Register , LA Times, and NBC News!
Fall Session I: September 7 – November 13 (10 Weeks) – REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED – Add yourself to our interest list for Winter 2020 beginning in January. We will inform you as soon as registration is open.
Each class runs for 2 hours during the course of the 10-week semester for only $199! Must be 16 years and over. We invite those younger to join our youth classes. All Classes held at: Korean American Center, 18 Truman, Irvine, CA 92620
Students who can not read Korean must register in Korean Fundamentals.Classes in the same level are the same, just different time and day. Select which works best for your schedule.
Fall Session I: September 7 – November 9
|Korean Fundamentals – Sat||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Korean Fundamentals – Wed||Wednesday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Level 1 – Sat||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 1 – Tue||Tuesday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Level 2 – Sat||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 2 – Wed||Wednesday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Level 3 – Sat||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 3 – Mon||Monday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Level 4||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 5||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 6||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
Fall Session II: October 7- December 9
|Korean Fundamentals – Mon||Monday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
Each class needs a minimum of 4 students to remain open. If minimum registration is not met, classes may be cancelled. Enroll now to ensure your class remains open.
WHICH CLASS SHOULD I TAKE?
For those students or those with absolutely no experience or very little experience in Korean should register for Korean Fundamentals. Students with a Korean heritage background who cannot read Hangul will also be asked to start with Korean Fundamentals. All other students should review ourKorean Class Descriptions
If you are still unsure which level to take, you can request a placement test by email so we can assess which level would be best. Please contact us by email to request the test.
BOOKS: We will be using books by King Sejong Institute. Each book will be used for multiple levels.
Books can be purchased on the first day of class for $25
- Sejong Korean Conversation 1 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing Classes: Korean Fundamentals, Level 1, and Level 2
- Sejong Korean Conversation 2 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing Classes: Level 3 and Level 4:
- Sejong Korean Conversation 3 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing Classes: Level 5 and Level 6.
TERMS (Please read before registering):
- FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE (except in the case of class cancellation by KAC). Please do not register if you are unsure.
- Fees are non-transferable to another semester. No Credits will be given for missed classes. Since we are a nonprofit organization, we do not have the administrative capacity to handle these requests.
- Fees do not include books. Books can either be purchased through Korean American Center. We only accept cash and checks only for book purchases.
- Fees may be tax deductible, talk to your financial advisor for details.
- Checks can be made out to: “Korean American Center“
- Fees must be paid prior to the beginning of class. Registration is not considered complete unless fees are fully paid.