FALL 2020 ADULT KOREAN LANGUAGE CLASS REGISTRATION
Irvine King Sejong Institute: We offer the only comprehensive Korean language program in Orange County. Our adult Korean language program is designated by S. Korea as a King Sejong Institute. Check us out in the OC Register , LA Times, and NBC News!
September 12 2020 – November 19, 2020 (10 Weeks)
FALL SESSION: ALL CLASSES WILL BE HELD ONLINE VIA ZOOM.
Registration is CLOSED. Please join our interest list and we will notify you when registration is open for Winter 2021 (January)
Each class runs for 2 hours during the course of the 10-week semester. Must be 16 years and over. All classes will be held online. Exception will be made by approval of the Program Director, please email: info@KoreanAmericanCenter.org
Students who can not read Korean must register in Korean Fundamentals. Classes in the same level are the same, just different time and day. Select which works best for your schedule.
Fall Session 2020: September 12, 2020 – November 19, 2020 (10 Weeks)
|Class||Day||Times||First Day/Last Day|
|Korean Fundamentals (No experience required, absolute beginner)||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||9/12-11/14|
|Korean Fundamentals (No experience required, absolute beginner)||Wednesday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||9/16-11/18|
|Level 1||Thursday||4:00 PM – 6:00 PM||9/17-11/19|
|Level 2||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||9/12-11/14|
|Level 2||Tuesday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||9/15-11/17|
|Level 3||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||9/12-11/14|
|Level 3||Monday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||9/14-11/16|
|Level 4||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||9/12-11/14|
|Level 4||Wednesday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||9/16-11/18|
|Level 5||Tuesday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||9/15-11/17|
|Conversational Korean (Level 7+)||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||9/12-11/14|
Various Sections within the same level are exactly the same content – only different day/times. Each class needs a minimum of 4 students to remain open. If minimum registration is not met, classes may be cancelled. Enroll now to ensure your class remains open.
WHICH CLASS SHOULD I TAKE?
For those students or those with absolutely no experience or very little experience in Korean should register for Korean Fundamentals. Students with a Korean heritage background who cannot read Hangul will also be asked to start with Korean Fundamentals. All other students should review our Korean Class Descriptions
If you are still unsure which level to take, you can request a placement test by email so we can assess which level would be best. Please contact us by email to request the test. **Placement tests will only take place during registration period.***
BOOKS: This must be purchased separately. We will be using books by King Sejong Institute. Each book will be used for multiple levels.
Books can be purchased on the first day of class for $25
- Sejong Korean Conversation 1 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing Classes: Korean Fundamentals, Level 1, and Level 2
- Sejong Korean Conversation 2 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing Classes: Level 3 and Level 4:
- Sejong Korean Conversation 3 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing Classes: Level 5 and Level 6.
TERMS (Please read before registering):
- FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE (except in the case of class cancellation by KAC). Please do not register if you are unsure.
- Fees are non-transferable to another semester. No Credits will be given for missed classes. Since we are a nonprofit organization, we do not have the administrative capacity to handle these requests.
- Fees do not include books. Books can either be purchased through Korean American Center. Instructions on book purchase will be provided upon registration.
- Fees may be tax deductible, talk to your financial advisor for details.
- Checks can be made out to: “Korean American Center“
- Fees must be paid prior to the beginning of class. Registration is not considered complete unless fees are fully paid.