SPRING & SUMMER 2019 ADULT KOREAN LANGUAGE CLASS REGISTRATION
Irvine King Sejong Institute: We offer the only comprehensive Korean language program in Orange County. Our adult Korean language program is now designated by S. Korea as a King Sejong Institute. Check us out in the OC Register , LA Times, and NBC News!
SPRING: April 6, 2019 – June 20, 2019 (10 Weeks) (No Class Saturday 4/20 and Monday 5/27) –
SUMMER SESSION I: June 4, 2019 – August 6, 2019 (10 Weeks) – Registration is closed
SUMMER II 2019 SESSION: Saturdays, June 29, 2019 – August 31, 2019 (10 Weeks) – Registration is closed
Please add yourself to our interest list and we will notify you when registration opens for our Fall semester which starts in September.
This semester, we are offering 2 new Korean language courses: Professional (Formal) Korean and Korean for Travel.
Professional/Business Korean: Take your Korean to the next level!! This class will be conducted using only formal Korean 존댓말. This level is used beyond business settings, but also the level used when first meeting someone, when speaking to customers, elders, superiors, and when delivering presentations. It is the form used in the military, in many workplaces, and in news broadcasts. The goal of this course is to develop high communicative skills and to acquire further comprehension ability in a more formal situations. Students will use the formal “I” form 저, will learn to make a statement using ~ㅂ니다, ask a question ~ㅂ니까?, make a request using ~십시오, and express a proposition or expression using ~ㅂ시다. Prerequisite: Level 2 or equivalent proficiency.
Korean for Travel: Students will learn expressions, vocabulary, and conversation dialogues for various traveling situations that may occur between the student’s arrival to Korea through departure. Topics include transportation, accommodations, meals, shopping, pop culture, and sight seeing. Students will also learn about essential cultural and travel information. Prerequisite: Level 1 or have equivalent proficiency.
Each class runs for 2 hours during the course of the 10-week semester for only $199!
SPRING SCHEDULE: April 6, 2019 – June 20, 2019 (No Classes on Saturday April 20th and Monday, May 27th)
Students who can not read Korean must register in Korean Fundamentals.
|Spring 2019 Class Offering||Day||Times|
|Korean Fundamentals – Sat||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Korean Fundamentals – Mon||Monday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Level 1 – Sat||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 1 – Wed||Wednesday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Level 2 – Sat||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 2 – Mon||Monday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Level 3 –||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 4||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Level 5||Saturday||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Professional Korean||Thursday||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM|
Classes in the same level are the same, just different time and day. Select which works best for your schedule.
*No Classes on Saturday, April 20th. No Classes Monday, May 27th. All sections within a level are exactly the same – only the day and time are different. All classes will be in Irvine.
Classes held at: Korean American Center, 18 Truman, Irvine, CA 92620
Each class needs a minimum of 4 students to remain open. If minimum registration is not met, classes may be cancelled. Enroll now to ensure your class remains open.
PLACEMENT: For those students or those with no experience or background in Korean will automatically be placed in Korean Fundamentals. Students with a Korean heritage background who cannot read Hangul will also be asked to start with Korean Fundamentals.
All other students should review our Korean Class Descriptions
If you are still unsure which level to take, you can request a placement test by email so we can assess which level would be best. Please contact us by email to request the test.
BOOKS: We will be using books by King Sejong Institute. Each book will be used for multiple levels.
Books can be purchased on the first day of class for $25
- Classes: Korean Fundamentals, Level 1, and Level 2 Sejong Korean Conversation 1 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing
- Classes: Level 3 and Level 4: Sejong Korean Conversation 2 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing
- Classes: Level 5: Sejong Korean Conversation 3 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing
- Korean for Travel: 여행 한국어 by King Sejong Institute Foundation Publishing
TERMS (Please read before registering):
- Registration is not complete until payment is received.
- FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE (except in the case of class cancellation by KAC). Please do not register if you are unsure.
- Fees are non-transferable to another semester. No Credits will be given for missed classes. Since we are a nonprofit organization, we do not have the administrative capacity to handle these requests.
- Fees do not include books. Books can either be purchased through Korean American Center. We only accept cash and checks only for book purchases.
- Fees may be tax deductible, talk to your financial advisor for details.
- Checks can be made out to: “Korean American Center“
- Fees must be paid prior to the beginning of class. Registration is not considered complete unless fees are fully paid.