Korean American Young Leaders (KAYL)
Click here for official KAYL website
NOW ACCEPTING MEMBERS
For more information on how to join KAYL, please visit us at Kayl.org
Korean American Young Leaders (KAYL) is a youth-led organization for high school students who aspire to enrich and empower their community with their time and talents. Created by the Korean American Center, KAYL provides a unique opportunity for tomorrow’s Korean-American leaders by empowering students of all socio-economic backgrounds through leadership development, community service events, and career exploration. What makes KAYL unique is it is 100% student led, with adults only serving in an advisory capacity
Through KAYL, students have the opportunity to take active leadership positions they might not otherwise have access to at school. KAYL provides our youth insight into the world at large while engaging students in a critical reflection of issues affecting our local community. Students will acquire a variety of leadership skills and team-building techniques, such as presentation skills, meeting skills, and project planning. Through meaningful service projects, students will bring positive change to our community.
KAYL received lots of mainstream coverage, such as the LA Times, for their advocacy work in gathering petitions to add Asian American Studies to the curriculum within IUSD. We hope to expand our horizons to more service projects.
To find more information about KAYL, please visit kayl.org or follow us on Instagram (@kayl.leaders). If you would like to become part of the KAYL executive board, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Gio Kim at email@example.com for more information. We are looking for creative and forward thinking leaders to move our group into the future!
If you would like to initiate a project of your own, please contact us!
- Provide our Korean-American youth with the opportunity to take active leadership positions they might not otherwise have access to at school.
- Give our youth insight into the world at large, while engaging students in a critical reflection of issues affecting our local community.
- Acquire a variety of leadership skills and team building techniques, such as presentation skills, meeting skills, and project planning.
- Provide transformational career exploration through a vast network of mentors and advisors who are established leaders in their respective fields.
- Inspire students to bring positive change to our community through a variety of meaningful service projects.
- Participation in KAYL can go toward the Presidential Volunteer Service Award.